Transport Criticality and Shielding Team
An exciting career opportunity to join a new and expanding Transport Criticality and Shielding Team has arisen at INS. Salary range is flexible for the right candidates and is in the range £50,946 – £74,394 plus excellent benefits. The permanent roles are based in Warrington, Cheshire, but with the opportunity for home-working. Applications for those seeking part-time work or fixed term contract work will also be considered.
INS, the global provider of nuclear transport solutions, is establishing a new part of its business that will complement aspiration to become a one-stop shop for the worldwide transport of nuclear materials. Historically, INS has procured criticality and shielding services from its fellow NDA subsidiaries and from the supply chain. INS recognises these skills are key to that of its own transport and package design business, but also to that of the NDA mission to decommission the civil nuclear sites in the UK. These key skills are not common in the supply chain so INS wish to build a key centre of expertise that will expand and service the requirements of both the civil and defence sectors of nuclear material transport.
As key members of the newly formed Transport Criticality and Shielding Team, responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice to the commercial team in the assessment of business opportunities
- Advising the engineering and design team to ensure criticality and shielding considerations are fully addressed from the outset of the design process
- Preparing criticality assessments forming part of package transport safety case submissions to enable INS’s transport business (this will require considerable liaison with specialists within the regulatory organisations)
- Ensuring customer delivery is maintained, you will work as part of the team to meet the requirements of INS’s strategy and five-year plan
- Providing guidance, support and advice you will demonstrate the tenacity, drive and resilience to engage and develop positive relations with regulators and customers
These are highly-complex and challenging issues. If you are interested, and have the necessary experience to help lead INS’s work, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are welcomed from:
- Experts in the field of criticality and shielding (not solely with transport experience)
- Junior roles: if you believe you have the skills and drive to develop into these roles
For complete details: candidate information pack